Are you interested in volunteering?
There are many ways in which you can get involved at The Healing Center. Below are a few of those ways:
- Provide assistance to The Healing Center in the form of a one-day volunteer project (i.e. event volunteer, clerical project, or even helping with cleaning)
- Helping out on a weekly or monthly basis with clerical tasks (i.e. create folders, packets, or stress balls for clients)
- Bachelor level social science or human service majors can come in for a 2 semester advocacy internship where you help remove some of the barriers that client's face, such as, housing concerns, court accompaniment, reporting to police, needing food resources, etc...
- Master level counseling or social work students can provide individual counseling, group work, educational topic nights, and advocacy to clients over a 2+ semester internship
- Post-master counseling or social work students looking to complete their 3,000 hours can come in and provide counseling, group work, advocacy and educational topic nights for a minimum of 1 year commitment
- Our agency partner, the Sexual Assault Treatment Center is seeking volunteer advocates to provide emotional support, advocacy, and comfort to survivors of sexual assault/abuse as they go through medical services or if they elect to report to the law enforcement, as well, as answer the 24/7 hotline.
If you are interested in any of the volunteer opportunities please contact our volunteer coordinator, Sarah Smith at email@example.com or 414-225-4247